Patrick Cooley shares his path from being a young soccer player in Virginia to retiring from the U.S. Army as a Lieutenant Colonel. He shares many family stories concerning military life and its effects on his family. Patrick talks about his wife’s personal struggle with her military career, her rape and the abortion that followed. His transition from the military is unique in that he was able to take two years off and spend it with his family. His first post military job is a funny story with many valuable lessons. Later he discovers a new passion for developing Power Apps for Power Apps 911, a mom and pop company with a global reach!
Romewest Properties, LLC is the proud sponsor of the Scott Whittle Show.
Are you receiving nagging phone calls from your mortgage company? Don’t ignore it. By law, they must give you options before foreclosing on your home. Before you pack your bags and run. Call Romewest Properties at (915) 355-0841. We will not make you promises but we can help you understand your options and walk you through the steps of improving your situation. Don’t ruin your credit! Don’t lose your VA Housing Benefits! Allow Romewest Properties to investigate your situation. Call Romewest Properties Today at (915) 355-0841. Let them know you heard about them from The Scott Whittle Show.
Introducing Patrick Cooley
I started my career journey as an Army officer where I learned leadership in roles that took me on adventures from Asia to Europe to the Middle East. I learned many valuable life lessons in courage, humility, and teamwork as I broadened my knowledge of the world and those in it. Post-Army roles have helped me learn about manufacturing, economics, and care of infrastructure. I have continued learning as an app developer using Power Apps and Power Automate to modernize and streamline legacy systems. I enjoy the challenge of working collaboratively with a global team to come up with solutions harnessing the power of automation.
Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts , Spotify, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Blu Brry, Pod Addict, Tune In
Episode 005: Patrick Cooley – An Iraq War Veteran’s Family and His Service
Patrick Cooley Power Statements
- Anybody who is an introvert, you can have success in your career in the military and beyond.
- At a young age I decided I wanted to go to West Point and be an officer.
- Our country has no shortage of brave men.If you can show care for any human being that is a difference maker.
- If you can show care for any human being – that is a difference maker.
- Anybody who has been married more than two weeks knows marriage is hard.
- If you are entering into marriage to get everything you want, that’s not the right way to approach that.
- I did not know my kids. They where small people who inhabited my house.
- I found a passion.
- Learn to live with less.
- If you can recognize looking beyond yourself to help others, that is what we need.
- Every soldier has a Sergeant.
- Sometimes pressure situations create an environment where you find something your really love.
- Experiment and find what you like.
Patrick Cooley’s Favorite Movie
Patrick Cooley’s Favorite Books
Bible – ESV – Published by Crossway
Connect with Patrick Cooley
Connect with SWS
The Scott Whittle Show Podcast Page – The complete list of the Scott Whittle Show podcast.
The Scott Whittle Show Podcast Facebook Page – The official Facebook page for the Scott Whittle Show.
Other SWS Episodes
988 – Veteran Suicide Prevention Hotline
Into the Light – By Nicole Cooley (his wife) – Her personal story about rape and abortion.
Microsoft Power App Books – Various books to assist you in learning Power Apps
Xbox Gaming – Microsoft gaming systems
Facebook Groups, Companies and Agencies mentioned in this episode:
Power Apps – Microsoft products books
Power Apps 911 – Pat’s employeer
Persons Mentioned in this episode:
Anthony Cucolo – Retired U.S. Army Major General
Shane Young – YouTube Channel for all things Power Apps
Robert E. Lee – Civil War General