SW Whittle Biography
Hello, my name is Scottie Wayne Whittle, doesn’t SW Whittle sound a little more professional?
The Whittle’s and El Paso…
I was born and raised in South Carolina and was imported into El Paso via the Army. Upon exiting the Army, I decided to stay in El Paso, Texas. I immediately began serving the community by working at a local non-profit. My entire adult life has been dedicated to serving our community. I love El Paso.
I met and married my wife, Laura. She is a native El Pasoan and graduate of Jefferson High School. We have a beautiful daughter named Bethany. I am blessed to have created and raised my family in El Paso. I believe it is a great place to raise a family.
Reasons to love El Paso
El Paso is often rated as one of the safest cities in the country – the second safest Metro city in 2017. It’s sunny disposition, history, blended cultures, and food… ahhh the food, make for a wonderful living experience.
As a Gulf War era veteran, I believe it is my responsibility to aid other veterans and their families. I am not a combat veteran but I whole-heartly believe I was blessed to avoid the horrors of war to assist my brothers and sisters in arms. Over the last thirty years, I have been in position to provide assistance to veterans of all eras and their families by
- Providing peer-to-peer counseling to married couples, surviving spouses, unmarried, and young adults on a wide range of topics from finances, marital problems, to spiritual guidance
- Assist in preventing homeless by distributing funds for mortgage, rent and deposits as needed
- Assist in avoiding utility disconnections by distributing funds and working to create programs with El Paso Electric, El Paso Water, Texas Gas Company, Horizon MUD, Socorro Utility District and several other companies
- Created community partnerships to assist the unemployed to obtain job trainings. Sometimes even referrals for possible job opportunities
- For the homeless, we worked together to rebuilt their identities by working with the Department of Public Safety and various state organizations to provide birth certificates
- Worked with Sun Metro, Uber, VA, and other local non-profits to provide transportation for veterans
- Assisted to create diaper drives to provide for both the elderly and children
- Assisted to create food drives and distribution centers for hungry veterans and people in the community
- Assisted veterans to obtain boots for work and professional attire for job interviews
- Assisted in fund raising both cash and in-kind donations for the elderly and people with special needs
- Worked with the Congresswoman and Senator offices to meet the needs of veterans
- Developed and recruited for a fully functional volunteer program
- Created numerous community partnerships for various needs in the community
I have been called a techie. I have listed some soft skills below:
For a kid who won an art scholarship from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). It is easy to say I can do and really enjoy doing graphic design. If you can name it, I have probably designed it.
- Book Covers – also designed and laid out the interior
- Business Programs
- Car Wraps
- Websites / Social Media / Multimedia Designs
- Life-Sized cutouts
- Signs of all types
- Business forms
- Promotional Folders for events
Unfortunately, when I left my previous employeers, I left my portfolios. A few of my designs can be seen on my LinkedIn profile. As you may suspect, I am familiar with the following programs:
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point/Teams
- Skype / Zoom /
- Google Suite
- Window and Macs
These are just a few.
Websites and Multimedia:
I have developed many WordPress websites. Once more, I am actively redeveloping this website. Please don’t judge it as I refuse to do a development site on my personal site. I am developing it in real time! I know that is seen as unprofessional but that is okay with me.
I have started, produced, and developed several podcasts using Audacity.
I have done traditional and digital marking i.e., Facebook, YouTube, etc. even content marketing. My current fascination is with LinkedIn. Yes! Google Analytics is a part of the repertoire.
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/in/scottiewhittle/
YouTube – Coming Soon
I have done a ton of old school door knocking and setting up tables at events. Oh yeah, I can design the table cloth, too.
Enough of that, let’s move on.
Our Homeownership Experience…
Like any new homeowner, we were so excited to buy our dream home. However, after about nine years our dream became a nightmare!
I lost my job, my family and I experienced a two-year plus ordeal. We were forced to short-sale our first home! The heart-wrenching pain of losing our home and all the back-and-forth with potential buyers, the banks (Yes, bankS) and VA caused me to think “never-again”.
Due to our pain, I decided to become a real estate agent. I promised my wife, “we will never go through this pain again.” For three years, I specialized in becoming buyers agent. Keller Williams and RomeWest Real Estate Services were my brokers. I worked with private investors and first-time homebuyers.
I also assisted other people in avoiding foreclosure on their homes. I don’t want anyone to feel the pain my family endured. So, here on my site I will provide “insider’s information” about home buying and how to avoid foreclosure. If time permits, I may also share information about real estate investing, too.
Currently, I am working to reinstate my Texas Real Estate license. I cannot assist in listing, selling, buying or provide real estate service in any way.
Your Opinion Counts…
Please reach out to by using the contact page.